Founded LSS Consulting in 1991 after 23 years as a sworn law enforcement agent. Timmons served in the U.S. Army, 2d Infantry Division, assigned to The Criminal Investigations Detachment in Korea. After completion of his military service, he joined Oak Park, Michigan Department of Public Safety, performing police, fire and rescue duties. In addition to Public Safety assignments, Timmons served 9 years on The South Oakland County, Michigan SWAT Team and several terms as an officer in The Police Officers Association.
In 1981, Timmons received an appointment to The FBI and after completing the FBI Academy, was assigned to Detroit Division. He was assigned to bank robbery, fugitive, organized crime and drug squads while in Detroit. Timmons served 9 years on the FBI SWAT Team and acted as liaison agent to The Ontario Provincial Police. In Detroit, Timmons did extensive undercover work with motorcycle gang and drug related investigations both nationally and internationally.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Hillsdale College, a Master’s Degree from Michigan State University, is certified in Homeland Security and is a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Coordinated the investigation and prosecution of individuals responsible for the failure of the third largest thrift savings institution in Michigan.
- Devised and implemented an investigative and prosecution strategy for a large international Nigerian fraud ring that resulted in numerous arrests and the recovery of over $1 million in stolen funds and stolen property.
- Investigated and prosecuted one of the largest Ponzi style investment schemes in Michigan history. In excess of 2000 victims lost over $11 million.
- Recovered $1.4 million in cash and property.
- Graduation from the 207th Session FBI National Academy.
- Responsible for investigation and prosecution of matters under the jurisdiction of the FBI including background investigations, complex financial crimes, public corruption and violent crimes.
- Extensive experience in a variety of roles in an undercover capacity.
- Interface and assist state, local, federal and international agencies regarding investigative and administrative matters.
- A certified FBI polygraph examiner.
- Responsible for a wide variety of investigative matters including bank fraud, mail fraud, fugitive matters, property crimes and violent crimes.
- Tactical responsibilities including SWAT team and surveillance squad.
- Administrative responsibilities including internal audit and budget matters.